Option 2: Create a New Profile
Software Engineer, Back End - Catalog
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Back End - Catalog
- Position ID
- Other Location
Join a team of enthusiastic software engineers working on digitizing the Electronic Components industry through a Catalog system that is utilized by both internal and external consumers to create/access information and inventory for over half a billion electronic components.
Our application ingests and exposes millions of records per day through various APIs. You’ll have the opportunity to work in an environment where tests are essential, and performance is critical. You’ll work closely with the Product team to understand the business’s requirements and create solutions for their problems.
Since our application is a cornerstone of the ecosystem you’ll have the opportunity to influence architectural decisions across the ecosystem through collaboration with other engineers.
Our team’s development process is designed so that every engineer on our team has an equal opportunity to add value to the organization through architectural decisions, participating in planning, completing code reviews, and helping to steer the direction of the product. Our team collaborates closely with each other and the other teams to help everyone to succeed and achieve their objectives.
As a successful candidate, you will identify needs and new opportunities and aspire to increase the quality of our engineering work. You are able to understand all necessary tools and activities to grow the B2B platform from start-up, to an international, highly scalable large-scale, distributed operation. Additionally, you understand that our agile approach demands flexible, yet stable, and highly testable code.
- Offer solutions for various technical challenges related to the development of the e-commerce platform
- Work together with the product management team to conceptualize future features of our products and applications.
- Participate in architectural discussions and be a major contributor to the overall architecture of the platform.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with object-oriented development using languages such as PHP 7 and frameworks such as Symfony 4.
- Experience with Python is beneficial but not required.
- Experience implementing APIs according to a specification (as well as writing and understanding API documentation, for example using OpenAPI), understanding of RESTful APIs, and HATEOAS highly desirable.
- Working with large datasets (billions of records) in Postgres or similar technologies.
- Experience using technologies such as RabbitMQ to process background jobs.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or an interest in learning it.
- Fundamental belief in following best practices.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools, containerization (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes), the AWS ecosystem, modern application monitoring (New Relic, Datadog, Prometheus) a big plus
- Solid understanding for automated testing tools (unit, integration, and end to end) such as PHPUnit and Behat, as well as code quality measuring tools.
- Constant drive to improve your own skills through practice and code reviews.
- Urge to keep up with new technologies and relevant topics in the industry through for example conference or meetup participation
- Be familiar with all necessary tools to either ramp-up and implement it yourself or have the necessary skills to oversee external on-demand experts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Joel Test 10/12
1. Do you use source control? Yes
2. Can you make a build in one step? Yes
3. Do you make daily builds? Yes
4. Do you have a bug database? Yes
5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
7. Do you have a spec? No
8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
9. Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
10. Do you have testers? Yes
11. Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
12. Do you do hallway usability testing? No
We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time. Only candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.