Chief Executive Officer
- Job Title
- Chief Executive Officer
- Grandville, MI
- Other Location
Meals on Wheels Western Michigan operates on the strong and widely held beliefs of compassion and dignity. We are genuinely concerned about the needs of our clients and vow to treat them with care and kindness. We treat each other in the same way, believing that every human being deserves kindness, consideration and respect.
Above all, our mission is to provide quality nutrition services in a supportive environment to promote the health and independence of older adults.
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer who can balance the internal management responsibilities with the external visibility that is vital to achieving the strategic goals of the Meals on Wheels Western Michigan. The Chief Executive Officer will translate vision into strategies and actionable objectives across all segments of the organization ensuring the long- term impact, growth, and sustainability of Meals on Wheels Western Michigan.
The Chief Executive Officer provides leadership, strategy, and direction toward the achievement of Meals on Wheels Western Michigan’s’ mission, values, goals, and objectives by working with the Board of Directors and acting as liaison between the Board, staff employees, donors, and volunteers. This position requires high-level collaboration, influencing, and communications skills to achieve high performance. In addition to driving fund development initiatives and controlling expenses, the Chief Executive Officer is expected to participate in and provide leadership across the organization, while improving our capabilities and performance with all constituencies. Candidates should have experience or a demonstrated passion for working with diverse communities along with a personal and professional commitment to support the mission of Meals on Wheels Western Michigan.
Professional Experience and Educational Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ experience providing executive oversight and management leadership in the fields of general business, food service, nonprofit administration, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience with state, local, and federal level public policy, as well as a firm understanding of state, local, and federal funding programs.
- High degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- Ability to empathize with, be sensitive to, and interact positively and appropriately with constituents from widely divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Proven ability to drive culture and influence change – inspiring, professional, and credible.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply now!
Meals on Wheels Western Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, height, weight, or age.