- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Do you have what it takes to design, develop, optimize, and problem solve manufacturing processes? We at Centerline Prefab, a division of Bouma Corporation, are seeking a driven, proactive Manufacturing Engineer to ensure maximum efficiency of the manufacturing processes in our growing company. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will streamline procedures to increase productivity without sacrificing quality.
What will you do?
- Analyze the current methods of production and evaluate existing operations from inception through shipping
- Identify areas for improvement, develop alternative routines and best practices, implement cost-saving measures, and establish quality control systems
- Calculate production costs, review project schedules, and estimate future needs
- Plan detailed layouts for space, materials, and equipment and determine workflow and resources
- Ensure operations comply with safety standards and regulatory requirements
- Provide leadership with reports on data and trends and innovative solutions to a variety of problems and concerns that may arise during fabrication
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 8 years of relevant, hands-on experience in a large manufacturing environment
- Specific, in-depth technical knowledge and expertise in custom manufacturing and fabricating
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proven experience in collaborating and building relationships with engineers, contractors, affiliates, and suppliers
- Strong background and working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental rules and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) and have demonstrated ability to learn new technology and tools quickly
- Solid understanding of Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma (desired)
Who are we?
Centerline Prefab, a division of Bouma Corporation, delivers custom construction assemblies by combining computer modeling, advanced automated lean manufacturing, and our experienced staff of construction professionals.
Why work for us?
- You will receive competitive salary and great benefits.
- You will gain exposure to the intricacies of the entire business operations and be part of a growing trend.
- You will take a ton of responsibilities, adopt new skills, and never be bound to a dull, boring routine.
- You will get the chance to make smart, important decisions and have significant impact on the success of the business.
- You will develop your social skills and team-playing abilities while strengthening your self-sufficiency.
- You will be valued, appreciated, and cared for.