Human Resources Manager
- Job Title
- Human Resources Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
DJ’s Landscape Management began in 1992 when 12 year old D.J. Vander Slik began making his rounds mowing the lawns of family members, friends, and neighbors throughout the summer months. Since then, what he started as a basic lawn care company had transformed into a full landscape management firm. We are proud to be the largest landscape management firm in West Michigan. We will continue to provide excellent service and grow as businesses trust us to maintain their properties all year long.
We have a successful history of engaging and rewarding our productive team members’ superior performance. We are looking for a well-rounded, proactive Human Resources (HR) Manager to continue that. As an HR Manager, you will enhance the quality of the department and oversee all human resources functions from talent acquisition to learning and development, performance management, compensation, benefits administration, employee engagement, employee relations, and compliance. You will define and drive strategy and develop policies and procedures. With our culture and values in mind, you will play a meaningful role in hiring and expanding our teams. You will serve as a knowledgeable resource to the leadership team and guide them with their decisions. We are eager to find an HR Manager who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, who can easily connect with our team members, and who always strives for perfection as they handle the constantly evolving nature of our business and workforce.
As an ideal candidate, you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with concentration in human resources or related discipline (desired). MBA, PHR, or SPHR would be an asset.
- Have 5+ years of progressive human resources experience and 3+ years in a supervisory role in a relevant industry.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Federal and Michigan employment laws, health and safety regulations, and human resources best practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to architect and implement human resources initiatives that align with the overall business goals.
- Are a strong communicator and influencer, allowing you to build strong relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Have proven experience in coaching, mentoring, and empowering high performing leaders and teams.
- Are adept to problem solving and conflict resolution, enabling you to work on a wide range of human resources projects and resolve time sensitive issues.
- Have a track record of leading and working with commitment, integrity, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Why DJ’s Landscape?
- Our leaders and team members are ambitious, driven, and hardworking. We challenge each other to continuously grow and excel.
- We have a welcoming culture – we collaborate, care, and support one another.
- We have a dynamic work environment. There is always something new to look forward to!
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes 401k, profit sharing, medical, PTO, and flex spending, among others.
Sounds like a good fit? We would love to hear from you! Please apply now.