- Job Title
- Administrative Specialist
- Grand Haven, MI
- Other Location
Created in 1971, the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation is a charitable foundation that connects people, invests in programs, and leads change to help the community thrive. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life in Northwest Ottawa County by promoting a healthy, inclusive, and diverse community.
We are looking for a proactive and energetic Administrative Specialist to join our team. This is a newly created, full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Administration. As an Administrative Specialist, you will provide general office oversight and administrative support to the Foundation. You will take care of issues that arise and work with little supervision when handling meetings, communications, events, hospitality, special projects, and other tasks to keep operations running smoothly. You show initiative, adapt to different working styles, and balance multiple needs. You are excellent in organization, communication, and relationship building.
What you will do:
- Provide assistance to all departments including the President, Affiliate Foundations, and Board of Trustees including arranging and scheduling meetings, distributing information and materials, recording minutes, generating reports, and proofreading documents
- Maintain organizational efficiency by updating contacts roster, donor database, calendar, and staff vacations, stocking supplies, and ensuring equipment and areas are in order
- Keep our office and partners happy by receiving visitors, answering calls, responding to email inquiries, assisting in event planning, and serving as host for gatherings
- Support the accounts payable team through entering invoices, mailing out checks, reconciling monthly credit card statements with receipts, and processing quarterly employee expense reports
What we need:
- An associate degree in business or related field (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 3+ years of administrative and office management experience (familiarity with charitable foundation policies, procedures, and structure and previous experience working with a board or as an executive assistant a plus)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to exercise diplomacy and cultural awareness when interacting at all levels inside and outside the Foundation
- Proven success in setting priorities, completing routine tasks, and meeting deadlines
- Positive approach to work, respect for internal and external stakeholders, and enthusiasm for working in a team-based, collaborative Foundation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and exposure to community foundation database (Blackbaud desired)
What we offer:
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a 403B retirement plan, medical, dental, PTO, and flex spending, among others.
- We have a welcoming culture – we collaborate, care, and support one another and are dedicated to serving our community!
If this sounds like the role you have been searching for, please apply now. We look forward to learning more about you!
To learn more about what we do, visit our website at https://ghacf.org/
Grand Haven Area Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.