Vice President of People & Culture
- Job Title
- Vice President of People & Culture
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Feyen Zylstra, LLC is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services Firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, Feyen Zylstra’s 600 employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Successful leaders at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our leaders are data-driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them.
We are seeking an outstanding and ambitious Vice President of People & Culture who will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible to lead all areas of People Services and Strategy. This includes the development and implementation of strategies that attract, retain, and develop the human resources that enable FZ to sustainably grow both the top and bottom line.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a collaborator. You build relationships with your executive teammates and operational leaders throughout FZ that enable you to see what they see, understand our shared objectives, and effectively lead the development of talent strategies that impact the business outcomes we seek to achieve.
- You are a strategist. You understand the current and future state of the FZ and the industries we serve to effectively develop, communicate, and implement strategies that attract, retain, and develop the talent needed to successfully achieve our short- and long-term objectives. You actively engage in discussing and debating the best path forward.
- You are an implementer. You develop, communicate, and implement short term and long-term plans that move us closer to making our vision a reality through effective talent attraction, development, and retention. Have a bias toward action. You move the business forward with urgency, clearly communicating the strategy, behavioral changes, and performance expectations required to be successful. You hold individuals and teams accountable to grow and change as the strategy requires.
- You are a cultural leader. You understand and help make our vision for a diverse population and a culture focused on having a positive impact on the lives of people- our employees, our customers, and our communities a reality. You work tirelessly to develop, communicate, and implement strategies, systems, and processes that ensure we live into this purpose and leverage it as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- You are a team leader and builder. You lead and build a People Services team to make our shared vision for people and culture a reality. You are a great listener. You engage in healthy conflict and embrace the ideas of those around you. You take responsibility when things do not go as planned, generously spread credit and praise when they do.
- You are a scorekeeper. You understand the importance of measuring progress and results, financial and otherwise. You provide clarity and take the complex and make it simple for those around you. You are accountable for accurate planning and forecasting. You connect people strategies to outcome and results.
- You have proven experience as Vice President of Human Resources. You have at least 15 years of progressive relevant human resources experience - 10 years of which involve leading and motivating human resources teams and 5 years at the senior management level.
- You have a solid track record of introducing and executing strategic initiatives in a high growth environment. You think strategically and develop human resources programs focused on employees and the business. You have extensive experience in presenting creative ideas and unconventional plans to leaders, influencing, and winning their investment and support in human resources projects.
- You have recognized success in leadership development, succession planning, change management, and process improvements through periods of expansion. You have direct experience and demonstrated performance in aligning learning and development imperatives to achieve business objectives, designing and implementing process changes, finding technology that best serves the employees, and facilitating a culture that fosters success across all locations.
If human resources is something you are passionate about and if you are willing to take on new challenges, we would love to speak with you.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, the opportunity for growth, a safe work environment, and the chance to work with a winning team in with great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other protected classes.