Grants & Program Associate
- Job Title
- Grants & Program Associate
- Grand Haven, MI
- Other Location
Created in 1971, the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation is a charitable foundation that connects people, invests in programs, and leads change to help the community thrive. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life in Northwest Ottawa County by promoting a healthy, inclusive, and diverse community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and action-oriented Grants and Program Associate to support Grand Haven Area Community Foundation’s, and its affiliates’ – Coopersville and Allendale – competitive grantmaking programs and strategic initiatives functions. You will report to the Vice President of Grants & Program and help the whole department succeed. This is a full-time, hourly position working 37.5 hours per week.
What you will do:
- Lead due diligence process for all submitted Letters of Inquiry and incoming grant requests
- Manage the Community Impact quarterly review process
- Assist with competitive grant proposal analysis and review for Community Impact, Field of Interest Funds, and Donor Advised Committee Funds
- Monitor competitive grant budgets and competitive grant processing
- Maintain accurate grant records
- Keep Scholarship Program database up to date
- Prepare the annual Scholarship Program launch communications
- Track incoming applications and renewals
- Assist with Scholarship Review
- Coordinate the Scholarship award process
- Administer the annual distributions and communications for Organization Funds
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least one (1) year of related work experience. Previous experience and knowledge of non-profit operations highly desired. Familiarity with charitable foundation policies, procedures, and structure to conduct assigned programs and projects preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively interact with partner organizations, grant seekers, donors, the Board of Trustees, committees, and the community-at-large.
- Positive and upbeat personality along with willingness to help and share knowledge that enable you to work cooperatively with the team and achieve shared goals.
- Close attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proactive problem solving and critical thinking and track record of completing complex tasks.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, web-based communications tools, and database programs. Working knowledge of Blackbaud would be an advantage.
Why work with us:
- We offer comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a 403B retirement plan, medical, dental, PTO, and flex spending, among others.
- We have a welcoming culture – we collaborate, care, and support one another and are dedicated to serving our community!
If you are mission-driven and passionate about community, we cannot wait to hear from you!
To learn more about what we do, visit our website at https://ghacf.org/
Grand Haven Area Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.