Option 2: Create a New Profile
Dental Hygienist - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Job Title
- Dental Hygienist - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Until Filled
- Astoria, OR 97103
- Other Location
At Arrow Dental, we’re passionate about helping you on your journey to be better. We are seeking a Dental Hygienist to join our Arrow Dental clinic in Astoria, Oregon.
This position is responsible for assisting the dentist in providing chair side dental treatment including passing of dental instruments, sterilization, preparing treatment rooms and organization and clean up in the dental office
Arrow Dental primarily serves Medicaid patients. This is to help the community with the large population of Medicaid members that became Medicaid eligible due to the Affordable Care Act.
Clinic hours Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating and draping patient.
- Sterilizes and delivers instruments to treatment areas; positions instruments for dentist’s access; suctions; passes instruments.
- Assists Hygienists with new patient periodontal charting.
- Assists dentist to manage dental and medical emergencies.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Arrow Dental seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Arrow Dental values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
- Required Skills
1. A Registered Dental Hygienist and active Oregon License. American Dental Hygienist Association (ADHA) membership preferred.
2. Follows ADHA Professional Code of Ethics.
3. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, dental software experience helpful.
4. BLS for Healthcare Providers
5. Participate effectively as a team player.
5. Nitrous certification a plus.
6. Excellent reading, oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to interact professionally, patiently and courteously.
8. Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
9. Ability to work well under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
10. Ability to come to work on time and on a daily basis.
11. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, dental software experience helpful.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Should you need an accommodation in applying to any of our open positions, please contact Human Resources at ArrowHR@modahealth.com or 503-228-6554.