Job Type: Contracts Specialist
Position type: Full Time, Employee
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Education Requirements: BS required
Experience: 3+ years of experience with federal contracts management
- Experience researching federal regulations or policies and ability to synopsize and present on research assignments
- Strong knowledge of the FAR and DFARS, including common contract clauses, contract structures, and contract interpretation fundamentals
- Experience with OTAs, FAR Part 12, and/or Small Business contracting a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Microsoft Access preferred
- Highly organized, with attention to details, time management, and deadlines
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills, familiarity with technical or proposal writing
- Excellent analytical skills and exercise of sound business judgement
- Background managing intellectual property concerns a plus
- Background administering contracts/subcontracts relating to space acquisitions a plus
Citizenship: United States citizenship required. Please state in your cover letter whether you are a US citizen.
Security Clearance: All new hires will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship is required for clearance. Existing security clearance is a plus, but not required.
ExoAnalytic Solutions is seeking a Contracts Administrator for our corporate office in Foothill Ranch, CA office. You will be responsible for administering federal contracts or subcontracts, assisting with proposal preparations, and ensuring company policy and procedure compliance. This position involves both administering complex contracts to ensure fulfillment of contractual fiscal and performance obligations and contributing to cost/price proposals. A significant part of this position’s time will be spent performing research of new federal acquisition policies, federal procurement best practices, drafting or editing company procedures, and interfacing closely with Program Managers and technical staff on compliance issues. This role will include review and coordination of public release materials, so familiarity with technical writing and/or technical proposals is highly desired. This position reports to the Director of Contracts.
Specific Duties Include:
- Administers company contracts by analyzing performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements. Analyses include performance to delivery schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract provisions.
- Determines technically and commercially compliant complex proposal packages for major customers in response to customer or contract requirements. Evaluates performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of material, equipment, and labor hours.
- Negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies.
- Negotiates price, terms and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within a broad scope of responsibility. Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
- Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or extensions to the contract.
- Acts as the point of contact with the customer on contracts and RFPs and participates in customer presentations.
- Applies and may lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes within the division and/or with corporate and customer involvement. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting complex data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and/or participating in professional societies such as the National Contract Management Association (NCMA).
- Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Plays a critical role in the public release approval process by identifying the applicable standards and performing initial reviews, then routing materials for the appropriate approvals.
Salary Expectations: $64k-$84k based on experience
Start Date: We are currently anticipating a June 2020 start date for this position
ExoAnalytic Solutions is an employee owned and rapidly growing small business in the Aerospace and Defense Industry. Exo also offers great benefits packages, like fully paid medical benefits and company contribution of 6% in your 401(k).