- Job Title
- Reverse Engineer
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78229
- Other Location
***All Applicants Must Be US Citizens and Eligible to Receive a DOD Clearance***
Does analyzing malicious code pique your interest? Do you enjoy using new and exciting technology to determine the origin, variants, advanced capabilities, and potential mitigation strategies of said code? Did you ever take you car apart to see why it wasn’t working? Do you prefer taking apart lego structures?
Def-Logix is seeking a full-time Reverse Engineer with experience writing C, C++, and Assembly Language. A qualified candidate will have at least an interim Top Secret Security clearance.
• Isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer programs and applications.
• Work deep within the boot process, kernel, and system internals to devise novel solutions using tools like IDA Pro, debuggers, and in-target probes to research behavior of binaries.
• Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution.
• Analyze, disassemble, and reverse engineer software binaries; document and transition results in reports, presentations and technical exchanges.
• Design, prototype, document, test and transition code analysis methods and tools appropriate for operational use.
Read and write C, C++, and Assembly
• Trace code execution in a debugger (windbg/gdb/IDA Pro)
• Understanding of security protection mechanisms (ASLR, DEP, NX)Desired Skills:
• Detailed understanding of mobile device operating systems.
• Detailed understanding of computer networking (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL)
• Proficient in one or more assembly languages (e.g. x86, ARM)
• Familiarity with PE/ELF file formats, linkers, and compilers
• Experience solving cybersecurity Capture-the-Flag challenges
• Embedded development or reverse engineering experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Security, Information Technology or related discipline
- Must have 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Must be a US citizen
- Applicants selected for employment must have a DoD secret security clearance and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive package of valuable employee benefits including:
- Group Health Plan
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, Accident & Disability Insurance Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- Simple IRA
- Paid Time Off
Def-Logix, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Required Skills