Teacher - Child Development Center (Lead, Assistant & Part-Time)
- Job Title
- Teacher - Child Development Center (Lead, Assistant & Part-Time)
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28211
- Other Location
If you have a passion for children and education, then you need to join the Thompson team!
Our 5-star Child Development Center is growing and we need high energy, high talent teachers, assistant teachers and part-time teachers to help us continue to provide quality early childhood education to our community.
Our center recently completed a $100,000 playground renovation for our 3-4 year and is breaking ground on another $100,000 playground renovation for our infant/toddlers this winter. This is just a small example of how Thompson invests back in to our center, our staff and our children. Thompson is doing life-changing work at the Child Development Center and we want you to be a part of it.
What Sets Thompson Apart:
- We have maintained 100% operations throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- An above market rate of pay for our staff.
- A comprehensive and generous benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance for yourself and your family ; lLife insurance, short/long term disability insurance, 401k retirement, tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off which includes a separate plan for holiday time off and volunteer time off.
- Multiple career pathways to grow within the larger Thompson agency.
- Teacher resource room and a tranquility room for relaxation breaks.
- Performance based Bonuses
- Thompson Child Development Center has the support of a parent agency, Thompson Child & Family Focus, so that we are able to offer staff technology, training, HR, financial, employee benefits, and other perks of working for a larger company.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be a caring, compassionate teacher who truly enjoys working in early childhood education.
- Will have early childhood classroom experience
- Knowledge of ITERS and ECERS.
- Understand the regulations for working in a five-star, early childhood center. Have in-depth knowledge of the Environmental Rating Scales, NC Foundations, and the DCDEE childcare requirements.
- Has Familiarity with Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Has great interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with center staff, children, parents, and prospective families with the ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Has a teamwork approach as it relates to the overall support of accomplishing and maintaining classroom ratios and working with your co-teacher.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent schooling to meet the state requirements to work in an early childhood education center in North Carolina. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Thompson seeks to maintain an inclusive diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.