Director, Customer Order Fulfillment
- Job Title
- Director, Customer Order Fulfillment
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Director, Customer Order Fulfillment
Manager: VP, Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
The Director, Customer Order Fulfillment will be responsible for overseeing order management, efficient warehouse operations, outbound logistics activities, and customer care. This position will be responsible for developing KPI metrics to maximize efficiencies. The Director, Customer Order Fulfillment must possess a high customer service orientation, passion for metrics-based operating efficiency, and the strategic vision to develop effective annual improvement goals.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Owns workplace safety for operations including ensuring proper training and equipment is available.
- Develops and maintains a work culture committed to superior customer service while seeking continuous improvement in the management of facilities, equipment, and people in the operations.
- Owns the efficient management of US-based inventory and related customer order fulfilment / delivery.
- Leads, manages, and holds team accountable for ensuring inventory is received appropriately, processed in the warehouse and distributed to the customer efficiently, and inventory integrity is maintained to acceptable metrics.
- Leads evaluation, selection, and management of 3PL warehouse alternatives and ensures favorable agreements are executed and monitored.
- Evaluate, design, and establish proper layout of the warehouse and product placement to ensure the environment is most conducive to optimize efficiencies while meeting all customer service levels.
- Lead the order management function to ensure superior customer service through consistent execution of order entry and management and a commitment to making it right for any service issues.
- Lead the customer service function to provide new and potential customers technical information to ensure proper product application and installations.
- Owns annual department strategy and develops KPI metrics focused on safety, quality, and productivity requirements in accordance with company needs and customer requirements. Assists VP, Operations with 3-year operational strategy.
- Develop and monitor KPIs that drive customer service, efficiencies, and continuous improvement.
- Optimize all resources to meet or exceed quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Takes an active role in workload planning and volume forecasting for site(s).
- Communicates well with leadership, team members, and other departments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct responsibility to lead, manage, and hold accountable the following positions and indirect responsibility for all employees that report into these positions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and developing direct reports; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Warehouse Manager
- Shipping Administrator
- Customer Service & Support Manager
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Impact & Influence – Pursues and wins support for ideas; displays ability to influence key decision-makers; achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; addresses divergent opinions.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing Customer Focus – Promotes customer focus; ensures that organizational resources and support are focused on meeting customer needs; holds others accountable for meeting customer needs; establishes relationships with key customers; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Performance Coaching – Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in distribution logistics running efficient multi-site warehouse operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer service functions, preferably in B2B environments
- Minimum of 5 years in a direct management role
- Experience in e-commerce/B2C fulfillment
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project
- Up to 15% travel
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office and warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.