Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full Time - Overnight Shift)
- Job Title
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full Time - Overnight Shift)
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Registered Respiratory Therapist who will embrace our rich and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist:
- Ability to provide respiratory therapy methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to coordinate and organize work in a professional manner.
- Ability to provide technical and clinical support in the therapeutic delivery of medical gases administration, pulmonary airway management, ventilator care and diagnostic services activities.
- Must be able to learn new and developing electrocardiographic techniques and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of basic cardiac life support techniques.
- Ability to operate ECG equipment, including trouble-shooting procedures.
- Ability to operate computer terminals.
- Ability to recognize ECG abnormalities and life-threatening arrhythmia.
- Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Graduate with the minimum of an Associate’s Degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) or Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Two years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist after graduation.
- Possess certification as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Must meet the District of Columbia licensure requirement.
- Current BLS or ACLS certification.
- Two years of experience as a clinical practitioner in the field of Respiratory Therapy is preferred.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills