Risk Management Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Risk Management Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87544
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a qualified Risk Management Support Specialist to provide risk management support within the Department of Energy (DOE) Complex. L&A is looking for an early career professional that is interested in expanding their knowledge of risk management. Responsibilities will include risk identification, qualitative and quantitative analysis, risk database management, project controls support and monthly risk metric reporting. In this role you will work with experienced risk management professionals to learn a variety of risk management databases and analysis tools. In this role you will work with a variety of project support organizations providing the opportunity to work with wide spectrum of individuals.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field
- Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
- Database experience (i.e., Access, SQL)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action
- Strong analytical skills
Work is performed in an office setting.
May involve standing and walking for brief periods. May involve minimal or infrequent lifting or carrying.
LOCATION: Various locations: Oak Ridge, TN, Los Alamos, NM, Aiken, SC, Idaho Falls, ID
L&A is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical, and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. We specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in:
- Mission Assurance – an optimized and integrated suite of systems, tools, and processes that ensure compliance, enhanced performance, reduce costs, and increased efficiency.
- Project Delivery – including a wide range of capabilities directly related to tailoring the implementation of DOE Order 413.3B.
- Operations Support – providing expert advice and resources to strengthen high hazard operations, and business strategy – to underpin effective operations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
L&A Core Values:
- Honesty and integrity above all else.
- Safety, security and quality are the foundation of everything that we do.
- No surprises for the customer or the team.
- Consistently exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Listen to the customer to ensure we’re working on the right problem.
- Only accept assignments and arrangements that we are proud of and that are win-win.
- Proactively manage any real or perceived conflicts with our partners and clients.
- Continually demonstrate our commitment to the success of our clients’ projects.
- Treat clients and team members with respect.
- Assure that people are fairly compensated for their contributions.
- Don’t take risks with the reputation of the individuals or the company.
- Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients.
- Always work as a team and support one another.