- Job Title
- Shop Technician
- Job ID
- Lincoln, NE 68528
- Other Location
Shift your career into high gear with Vancer. Vancer was formed to create custom maintenance-of-way equipment for rail clients. Our Technicians are the cornerstone of our business and key to ensuring that our customers’ needs are met.
Essential & Primary Job Duties
- Complete diagnostics, troubleshooting, painting and appropriate repairs and rebuilds on Caterpillar and other heavy equipment in a shop environment
- Reference and interpret service, parts, and diagnostic software to determine problems/malfunctions and to verify repair specifications and parts needed.
- Meets time requirement guidelines (TRG) standards. Escalate unresolved issues to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
- Accomplish repair by following parts ordering process, completing service reports, and giving appropriate verbal or written communication in email or service reports.
Watch this video to learn more about Vancer: Vancer Operations
- Don’t worry if you’re not the most ‘seasoned’ technician. We are looking for applicants who are willing to learn our niche.
- We are interested in knowing the nuts and bolts of who you are, so tell us about your proud moments and accomplishments that got you to where you are today.
- Tell us about your mechanical training and hands-on experience.
- We prefer applicants who are passionate about working in a mechanical environment so let us know what interests you most about this opportunity.
If you have any questions prior to applying, please reach out to our Recruiting team at email@example.com or 402-891-7555.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
At Vancer, we will provide you with a different set of tools to help you advance your career:
- The People/Culture - You can expect to work with helpful, friendly, and collaborative teammates. Our technicians drive our business and they operate in a trusting and flexible environment.
- Flexibility - At the end of the day, our home and families are what is most important. Our managers offer flexibility so you never have to worry about choosing between work and family.
- Challenge/Opportunity - This is not a production environment. You will find new challenges and a variety of tasks every day. Our internal promotion rate is 47%, and you get to choose your path and how you would like to grow.
- Brand - Our employees take pride in representing the #1 brand in construction equipment. Caterpillar has been rooted in our blood since we were children
Built-in Nebraska, Vancer was founded to engineer, build, and distribute quality, innovative and safe maintenance-of-way (MOW) equipment for the railroad industry. By working closely with Class I railroads, Vancer has developed and supplied high quality, MOW solutions that help maintain thousands of miles of track each year. At Vancer, we take great pride in keeping our finger on the pulse of the rail industry. We listen. We learn. And we are committed to finding successful solutions for our railroad customers for many years to come.
Vancer is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. Vancer shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.