- Job Title
- Job ID
- Work From Home,
- Other Location
About the Role
As the vCISO, you will deliver consulting services, oversee and coordinate all aspects of complex healthcare projects, and are a Subject Matter Expert to customers to help them achieve IT security-related business goals. You’ll work with people from different organizational units, bringing them together to manifest controls that reflect workable compromises; as well as, proactive responses to current and future security risks.
The Ideal Candidate
Will provide hands-on, expert level consulting services to healthcare clients and conduct and review security program risk assessments of healthcare and other organizations using HIPAA and/or NIST framework based on NIST SP 800-53 controls or similar standards. The CISO will also manage and lead the project management team and staff. Interprets and assists with the implementation of information security and compliance/regulatory policies, standards, and other areas as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline (Master’s preferred) or equivalent work experience in IT and/or Security.
- 7+ years’ experience in security or risk management, auditing and business continuity planning in client-facing/consulting role.
- Relevant risk and/or security certification(s) required (CISSP, CISA, CISM, C-Risc or equivalent).
- Expert in compliance frameworks including: HIPAA/HITECH, PCI-DSS, FIPS, 21CFR11, Meaningful Use, NIST CSF, ISO 27002, State privacy/security related laws.
- Expert in project management principles/methodologies.
- Ability to communicate security-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Expert level of knowledge of applicable laws and compliance regulations as they relate to healthcare customers.
- Healthcare experience desirable and highly preferred.
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.
CCPA Privacy Notice