Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
RN-F4E High Acuity Medical/Surgical Unit Nights
- Job Title
- RN-F4E High Acuity Medical/Surgical Unit Nights
- Job ID
- dallas, TX
- Other Location
- Registered Nurse
RN – F4E High Acuity Medical/Surgical Unit Job, Full Time, Nights, Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is seeking an experienced High Acuity Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse to join the Methodist Team. This is a full time, Nights, job opportunity.
About F4E Medical Unit:
Our medical unit is a 30-bed specialized in COVID, emerging diseases and respiratory symptoms. We receive patients from many areas, including but not limited to the Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit, and medical-surgical floors. On this Unit:
- All our patients have continuous pulse-oximetry, telemetry monitoring and are placed in negative pressure rooms.
- We are supported with 24-hr coverage by a hospitalist team with assistance from a critical care intensivist group.
- We also care for patients needing BiPAP support. 24-hour care is delivered to the patient population (males and females ranging in age from 18 to 100+, with diverse cultural, social backgrounds and needs) an interdisciplinary care delivery team.
- Nurses are responsible for integration and coordination of this care.
Registered nurse renders highly professional and technical nursing care to assigned patients. Provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). Directs and supervises other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards of care.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN Preferred
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification
- Current additional certifications as required by department
- Current license to practice professional nursing in Texas
- Work experience: at least 1-year IMC RN experience or comparable experience
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a teaching, full-service, midsize hospital that is a true wellness partner for the Duncanville, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, and DeSoto communities. We are a full-service hospital with interventional cardiology services, a comprehensive cancer program, hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission, and a designated Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Serving far southwest Dallas since 1975, we are a busy, growing hospital. Plus, we have been named among the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. We offer an exciting, demanding, and fulfilling career for professionals, where you can work with complex, high-acuity cases. Other expertise includes:
- American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation NCDR ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award
- Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Full-service interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI.