Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Environmental Project Manager (Stormwater/Emergency Response)
- Job Title
- Environmental Project Manager (Stormwater/Emergency Response)
- Job ID
- Maryland Heights, MO 63043
- Other Location
Position: Project Manager
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Project Manager:
- Manage a diverse, high volume portfolio of stormwater, environmental, and industrial hygiene projects.
- Write and review technical reports and proposals in addition to work plans for junior staff.
- Mentor and train staff and ensure quality work product.
- Support National Program project work.
- Support Emergency Response projects as-needed.
- Actively participate in Business Development.
- Ensure safe performance of project work.
- Manage financial performance of project work.
- Provide regular status updates to client site contacts and stakeholders, as well as Apex.
- Actively source for new business opportunities.
- Travel as-needed to support project work (~25%).
- Hire and manage subcontractors.
Why you'll love working with us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Environmental Science/Engineering or another related field
- 5 - 10 years of solid technical experience.
- Excellent technical communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Highly effective team player and collaborator. Strong comfort working in a matrix environment and leveraging expertise across functions. This may include participating in agile teams focused on creating value for the business.
- Energetic and willing to experience new challenges to support all service lines within Apex.
- Ability to mentor and train staff.
- Effective multi-tasker, able to manage and meet conflicting priorities.
- Good safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Willing to travel to support client needs.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is highly desired.
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.