Careers at Vigene
Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences is a rapidly growing company that strives to be a leading manufacturer of viral vectors. We are proud to support researchers at any stage of development: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
We are passionate about our mission to help support scientists advance their biomedical research and ultimately to make gene therapy affordable and available to those in need. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented people to join our team who share our passion. We value our employees as important contributors to our mission, so we provide opportunities for career growth and encourage employees to develop new skills so they can grow with our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vigene Biosciences is an EEO/AA employer. Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your request and contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be acknowledged from this email address. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays and Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care and Commuter/Transit FSA
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun, collaborative environment
Scientist, Final Fill
- Job Title
- Scientist, Final Fill
- Rockville, MD 20850
- Other Location
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an award winning CDMO that provides viral vector-based gene delivery services and products for research and clinical applications. We are proud to support scientists at any stage of research: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes thousands of scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
Implements knowledge and expertise to successfully execute virus Process Development (PD) projects for AAV, lentivirus, adenovirus, and/or other biologics products
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct independent process development and execute the operational procedures for Aseptic/Sterile Fill Finish from development to cGMP manufacturing activities
- Troubleshoot complex drug product fill problems. Lead the formulation/fill finish tasks. Identify issues and propose adequate solutions.
- Provide expertise in writing/reviewing SOPs, Batch Records, Deviations, and other technical documents as they relate to the Fill Finish Operation
- Work with PD, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance for sampling plan and equipment requirements
- Participate in decision-making processes within the project team by actively engaging in scientific and technical discussions
- Effectively communicate results of own work through scientific meetings, presentations, discussions, documentation, and with clients
- Cross train as needed with the manufacturing team
- Utilize and apply knowledge of Drug substance and product release criteria with knowledge on Q-PCR, Western blot, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, DLS, sterility LAL assays, and HPLC to lead product specification
- Other responsibilities as needed
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Other Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree with 5 years of experience, or Ph.D. with 1-2 years of experience in Chemistry, Virology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or related field
- Working experience with final fill and virus production is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good critical thinking skills
- Ability to resolve customer issues
- Well-organized, able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong ability to adapt, be flexible, and work independently and with resilience
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, pushing, pulling
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
We have established multiple policies to protect our employees' health & safety while allowing essential operations to continue following social-distancing & PPE guidelines. Non-essential departments are working remotely and/or working alternative hours.
- Required Skills