Project Scheduler (Q-Cleared)
- Job Title
- Project Scheduler (Q-Cleared)
- Job ID
- Livermore, CA 94550
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
The Weapons and Complex Integration Principal Directorate (WCI) has multiple openings for a qualified Scheduler to support WCI’s Modification and Life Extension Programs. With minimal direction, the successful candidates will provide support for the implementation of scheduling functions to reflect management priorities, integrating multiple projects with competing resource requirements.
This position may require the successful candidate have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Coordinate with project team to define activities and associated scope, activity durations, logic, and interface between activities and resource loading activities.
- Implement earned value management systems by independently reviewing and analyzing project schedules for proper sequence, logical relationships, critical path analysis, and establish credible schedule baselines.
- Perform trend analysis and actively evaluate project performance providing clear results of schedule variances and root cause analysis, including preparation of recovery or corrective action plans, identify potential risk areas, and validate forecasts.
- Prepare complex monthly project performance analysis, schedule status reports, and any additional project documentation as required through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Implement change management practices and appropriately capture associated schedule activities and prepare required supporting documentation.
- Interface with designated counterparts for specific planning and schedule tasks/earned value presentations including: participating in project meetings, collecting progress data, coordinating the development of monthly forecast budgets, and revising project plans.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and
- Performed other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Active DOE Q-Clearance or inactive for less than 6 months with a recent reinvestigation (<1 year old).
- Knowledge and experience using scheduling and reporting tools; such as Primavera P6 (preferred) or
- Microsoft Project.
- Earned value management knowledge and experience.
- Self-motivated problem solver with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and accuracy while supporting interruptions in a dynamic working
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to communicate with multidisciplinary
- team members, using negotiation skills to influence.
- Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Subcontractor.
- Anticipated Clearance Level: P (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
L&A is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical, and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy and National Nuclear Security Administration complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. We specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in:
- Mission Assurance – an optimized and integrated suite of systems, tools, and processes that ensure compliance, enhanced performance, reduce costs, and increased efficiency.
- Project Delivery – including a wide range of capabilities directly related to tailoring the implementation of DOE Order 413.3B.
- Operations Support – providing expert advice and resources to strengthen high hazard operations, and business strategy – to underpin effective operations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
L&A Core Values
- Honesty and integrity above all else.
- Safety, security and quality are the foundation of everything that we do.
- No surprises for the customer or the team.
- Consistently exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Listen to the customer to ensure we’re working on the right problem.
- Only accept assignments and arrangements that we are proud of and that are win-win.
- Proactively manage any real or perceived conflicts with our partners and clients.
- Continually demonstrate our commitment to the success of our clients’ projects.
- Treat clients and team members with respect.
- Assure that people are fairly compensated for their contributions.
- Don’t take risks with the reputation of the individuals or the company.
- Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients.
- Always work as a team and support one another.