Patient Access Associate I (Radiology)
- Job Title
- Patient Access Associate I (Radiology)
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Patient Access Associate I who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Patient Access Associate I:
- Familiarity with medical terminology and medical record keeping
- Working knowledge of electronic scanning and documentation via all applicable systems.
- Demonstrates excellent public relations, customer service skills, and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to interpret clinical data sufficiently to determine eligibility for various insurance programs.
- Capable of operating in a medical office environment
- Excellent customer service skills in all direct interactions with patients, family members, clinicians, third party payers, hospital employees and co-workers.
- Excellent auditing and analytical skills for reconciliation of accounts, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and working knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Three (3) years’ experience in patient access/registration, billing, cash collections, insurance, pre-certifications or related experience in a medical center/physician office environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills