BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Executive Assistant II
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant II
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA 22102
- Other Location
- Bethesda, MD
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: Performs a variety of administrative duties, providing mission support within the Mission Directorates of the customer. Provide guidance and assistance to the completion of complex tasks for general office and/or program support. The nature of the position demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning, organizing, and decision making to fulfill work requirements. The position requires extensive knowledge of executive level administrative processes and procedures in the Agency/IC. Individuals will work under minimal supervision with wide latitude to exercise independent judgment to accomplish work in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the designated Senior Executive (SE) and other Agency Senior Executive managers, other managers, and staff.
- Coordinates the workflow of multiple critical issues within a continuously adapting schedule for the assigned SE, cognitive of the criticality, sensitivity, and confidentiality of the issues both internally and externally within the Agency, Congress, other Intelligence Community organizations, and the private sector.
- Provides support to 2-4 government staff simultaneously.
- Maintains an awareness of internal structural levels and hierarchy within the organization by being cognizant of internal and external Senior Executive interrelationships, styles, and methods of operations.
- Performs a comprehensive range of direct executive office support for a designated Senior Executive.
- Maintains a schedule of appointments that involves determining the importance of the issues for each meeting and following protocol procedures for contacting principals.
- Anticipates and researches topics that are of interest to the SE and prepares background books and/or talking points papers, as needed.
- Monitors and coordinates systemic impacts of e-mail for action items and gleans items from staff meetings and weekly reports that require action; creates a system to generate reminders of completion deadlines.
- Assists and relieves the assigned SE of a variety of complex executive office support functions involving contact and exposure to highly critical, sensitive, and confidential information.
- Drafts and prepares non-routine letters, memos, documents, and various reports requiring comprehensive knowledge of Agency methods, policies, regulations, procedures, and organization for the SE's signature.
- Answers phones; places, screens, and refers calls to appropriate Agency resources; takes messages and follows-up accordingly to ensure adequate resolution of issues and concerns.
- Prepares for visitors by initiating or passing any needed security clearances and escorts visitors as needed.
- Researches and prepares background information and/or talking points papers, as needed on the meeting attendees and/or topics of interest for the meeting.
- Disseminates the executive's schedule to appropriate staff and acts as liaison between the Senior Executive and others.
- Receives, sorts, and screens incoming mail; categorizes and prioritizes response needed. Uses initiative to prepare responses for signature and to assemble background information from a variety of sources.
- Summarizes lengthy correspondence, highlighting key issues, topics or sentences; follows up to ensure proper and timely action taken as needed.
- Develops and maintains accurate records and files management systems.
- Makes appointments, travel arrangements, and itineraries; assembles or ensures that packets of information or briefing materials are prepared. Accurately prepares expense statements. Assists and informs SE of problems that arise during absences.
- Maintains an efficient office environment; may include assisting in the ordering of supplies, arranging for the repair of office equipment, initiating the installation of new software, or participating in the planning and implementation of office renovation projects.
- TS/SCI security clearance with poly
- One of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional; Or
- Associate's Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within the IC performing the Contractor Performance Requirements listed in this SOW for this labor category.
- Demonstrated successful use of MS Office Suite applications at Advance level to complete routine to highly complex tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers' routine to highly complex questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrated by anticipating and responding to the assigned Senior Executive's requirements.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess and interpret highly complex information from multiple sources and draw insightful conclusions
- Three (3) years' experience working as an Administrative Professional within the IC.
- Professional Certification supporting or related to the position's scope and responsibility.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills