Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Maintain multiple general ledgers.
- Generate billing reports necessary to prepare revenue and cash related entries.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and analyses as required to accurately close the month.
- Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support management in the review of the monthly operating performance.
- Prepare bank and account balance reconciliations to the prior month, scanning all necessary supporting documentation
- Review and approve invoices received from centers for appropriate approvals, coding, timing, etc.
- Prepare monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
- Distribute monthly reports to appropriate management personnel.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary.
- College degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 0 – 3 years experience in financial accounting
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- CPA designation
Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.