National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
- Job Title
- Finance Director
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
Geronimo is seeking a Finance Director specific to project financing and supporting projects, through finance, to completion.
- Manage and oversee financial close and budget to ensure timely, efficient, financial close process.
- Guide project finance staff to allow for organized career advancement in respect to managing entire transaction execution process
- Maintain relationships with commercial and investment banks that are active in the financing of US power / energy infrastructure projects to stay current on markets, key terms and structuring trends as well as best practices
- Lead all market analysis efforts, oversee economic benefit assessments and validation and cost benefit analyses, and review financial models in preparation of projects
- Support the review and negotiation of project agreements, debt financing, tax equity contribution, joint development and partnership agreements
- Provide support to origination and M&A teams as needed during acquisitions, sale processes, and PPA/OREC solicitations