Below is a list of our currently open positions. Click on a title for more information and to apply for the opportunity.
If you do not see a position that matches your qualifications, click “Create Profile” in the menu bar below to submit your information for general consideration.
Special Education Teacher
- Job Title
- Special Education Teacher
- Job ID
- Millbrook, NY 12545
- Other Location
Hayes Day School, located in Millbrook, NY, is seeking a Special Education Teacher to work with K-12 students with multiple intellectual and developmental disabilities in a beautiful school setting with a state-of-the-art sensory integration program.
As the Special Education Teacher, you will work M-F 8:30-3:30 following the Millbrook school calendar (September through June); plus a 6-week summer session (July through mid-August).
Why work with us?
- Rewarding and meaningful career
- Affordable & comprehensive health, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- And more!
What you’ll do as the Special Education Teacher:
- Supervise the overall functioning of the classroom
- Create and implement the IEP for each student
- Assist students with physical needs
- Plan and coordinate curricular trips
- Additional duties as assigned
What’s required of you:
- Current NYS Certification in Special Education OR Bachelor’s degree and matriculated in a Master’s program in Special Education
- Previous experience teaching individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is strongly desired
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills and ability to speak, read, and write in English
Pay: $41,000 - $50,000/year, based on education and experience
Join us in transforming lives and helping individuals achieve their greatest potential in a caring, supportive, and team-oriented environment!
Apply online NOW for immediate consideration!
Equal Opportunity Employer