- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- SOUTH PASADENA, FL 33707
- Other Location
Performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company's standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks. Essential Job Functions:
•Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routineupkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and makingrepairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
•Completes the "make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartments for leasing and new move-ins bycompleting the pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed, obtainingneeded supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
•Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other itemsfrom the property's maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to theestablished location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
•Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so thatservice requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
•Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris,pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs andsignage as needed.
•Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts whenpossible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools andequipment.
•Complies with the Company’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in theproperty's routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws andrequirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
•Demonstrates customer service skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering residentquestions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assignedwork orders with efficiency and urgency.
•Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk managementconcerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs ofthe property to the owner/client and management.
•Completes scheduled property preventative maintenance in units or on property equipment and anyspecial projects as directed by supervisor or management
• Incumbents work both in and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property, including amenities.
• Incumbents need to be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas.
• Incumbents must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions
• Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty-five (25) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
• Rare or regular travel may be required for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
• Incumbents must be able to “take call” during evenings and weekends.
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience
Senior living, and/or High-rise tower experience a plus
• EPA certification preferred
• Knowledge and experience repairing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall and appliances
• Self-motivation and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
• Demonstrated track record of the highest degree of ethics and integrity
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• High school diploma or equivalent and maintain reliable transportation