Below is a list of our currently open positions. Click on a title for more information and to apply for the opportunity.
If you do not see a position that matches your qualifications, click “Create Profile” in the menu bar below to submit your information for general consideration.
- Job Title
- Teacher Assistant
- Job ID
- Millbrook, NY 12545
- Other Location
Hayes Day School, located in Millbrook, NY is seeking a compassionate and dependable Teacher Assistant to work with K-12th grade students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. As a Teacher Assistant, you will assist teachers and students in all aspects of management and instruction in a beautiful school setting with a state of the art sensory integration program.
Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-3:30pm, following Millbrook’s school year calendar (Sept – June)
Pay: $12.80 per hour
Perks: In addition to a rewarding and meaningful career, full-time employee benefits include:
- Affordable & comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off, and more!
What you'll do as the Teacher Assistant:
- Work cooperatively with teacher and classroom team to help foster positive classroom climate
- Conduct class, assign duties, and supervise classroom team when teacher is absent
- Supervise/assist students in independent, small group or large group activities (in and outside of classroom)
- Create/modify instructional materials
- Assist students with physical needs
- Facilitate social interaction among students
- Help with student behaviors in accordance with Behavior Intervention plan
- Observe and record student behaviors and progress
What's required of you:
- NYS Teaching Assistant Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Experience working with children with special needs is preferred
Join us in transforming lives and helping individuals achieve their greatest potential in a caring, supportive, and team-oriented environment.
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!
Equal Opportunity Employer