Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist / Industrial Hygienist
- Job Title
- Environmental Health and Safety Specialist / Industrial Hygienist
- Job ID
- Saint Louis, MO 63110
- Other Location
Position: Industrial Hygienist
Industry: Science Technical
Location: St. Louis, MO
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) consulting firm? Are you looking for a company that will provide interesting and technically challenging work and will also invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by strong sales, extraordinary client retention, multiple career path options, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing EHS consulting firms in the USA. We take pride in meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and have earned numerous industry awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
The incumbent will execute industrial hygiene projects from start to finish. This role will routinely involve (a) a blend of workplace / shop floor industrial hygiene exposure monitoring tasks and (b) industrial hygiene program management effectiveness evaluations and support.
While the prominent technical area associated with this position is Industrial Hygiene, a solid technical skillset in Industrial Safety is also desirable. The incumbent will also provide project leadership and project management functions as needed. The incumbent will be an energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently and produce results within budget and timeframe.
Your Responsibilities as an Industrial Hygienist:
- Provides comprehensive industrial hygiene consulting services to clients, including sampling/monitoring of employee exposure levels to a broad range of industrial hygiene workplace exposures (chemicals, noise, etc.)
- In collaboration with Apex client relationship managers, coordinates and executes industrial hygiene projects within set organizational procedures and standards.
- In close routine collaboration with the external customer, designs, implements and executes an agreed-to service plan. Monitors and reports progress on plan completion as directed. Works with numerous internal and external stakeholders in the interest of achieving desired overall project velocity
- Acts as an advisor to the customer on industrial hygiene issues
- Works with the overall Apex client relationship manager to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provides input to client relationship managers or business development staff on potential new EHS projects. Participates in business development activities as directed.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a science or engineering field.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in the industrial hygiene field or a related area required.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of industrial hygiene technical subject matter and how to apply it in real-life settings. Highly familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the industrial hygiene field.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- A great deal of creativity and self-starter initiative is required. This position entails routine ongoing work and negotiation with numerous customer stakeholders – all of whom need to be ‘satisfied’ with respect to project purpose, scope, and tactics
- Relies on experience and judgment paired with the overall work statement provided by the customer to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ensures compliance with all EHS regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices
- Experience in the manufacturing industry setting a plus. Experience in the aerospace and defense industry a further plus.
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Why you will want to work at Apex
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team, or apply directly at www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.