Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
VP, Data Engineering
- Job Title
- VP, Data Engineering
- Job ID
- Boston, MA
- Other Location
- New Jersey/ New York
VP, Data Engineering
RxSense is a forward-thinking, growth-oriented healthcare services, and technology company that provides state of the art pharmacy solutions. Since 2015, we have helped millions of consumers save on their prescription drug costs, and we believe we have only scratched the surface. We occupy a unique position in the market because we are vertically integrated. We have both a PBM platform (RxAgile) that provides enterprise solutions to B2B players in the healthcare space and a direct to consumer product (SingleCare) with a mission to make prescription medication more affordable.
RxSense is looking for an experienced technologist to lead the development and management of the enterprise data lake and data warehouse. Responsibilities include:
- Develop the data lake, data warehouse, and ETL strategy to provide consistent, clean, and integrated data for the enterprise.
- Lead a team of data engineers to design and develop the enterprise big data analytics platform including the data lake, data warehouse, and associated data flows.
- Collaborate with the data analysts, data architect, and business users to design the data models for high-performance analytics while ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with the CISO, CTO, Head of Data Governance, and others to implement policies and procedures for the security, quality, integrity, and availability of the enterprise data warehouse.
- Manage the ongoing development and maintenance of the data platform to ingest new data sources and update the data model as necessitated by business needs.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist with vendor selection for evolving the existing platform future solutions and other future solutions.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the Data Engineering team.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in building data warehouses and in leading data engineering teams.
- Experience and deep understanding of big data technologies including data warehouse, data lake, and ETL technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in technologies such as Snowflake, AWS, Spark a big plus.
- Experience in PBM and/or Health Insurance industries a big plus.
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Knowledge and experience with data quality, data governance, and metadata management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- BS / MS in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management. MBA is a plus.
- Location – New Jersey / New York area or Boston