Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Field Scientist 1
- Job Title
- Field Scientist 1
- Job ID
- Tampa, FL 33610
- Other Location
Position: Field Scientist 1
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Tampa, FL
Salary: $38,500 - $40,000 based upon experience
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Apex Companies, LLC, a leading national environmental consulting and services company, is seeking a dynamic Field Scientist to support and contribute to the success of the Florida division and perform field sampling for projects for multiple national, regional, and local clients throughout the nation. Projects typically range in size from $1K to $1MM at industrial, commercial, retail, multi-family residential and municipal client sites such as ports, airports and military bases.
The successful candidate will
interact extensively with Apex Project Managers, Senior Scientists, Project Administrators and other field staff.
Your Responsibilities as a Field Scientist 1:
- Collect soil, water, air, and/or building material samples at client sites throughout Florida.
- Gather and analyze field data.
- Perform operation and maintenance activities on remedial systems.
- Input data into template reports.
- Conduct field work at least 3-4 days per week (80%) using a company provided vehicle.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working with us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or other related field.
- 0-2 years of experience with environmental field sampling and data collection
- Technically-minded with the ability to think on your feet during changing field conditions.
- Experience using and calibrating general environmental field instrumentation, meters, and equipment is a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, work in confined spaces, and work outside under inclement weather conditions.
- Comfortable traveling throughout Florida (80%) as well as within the Southeast region and US (20%).
- Strong technical writing skills, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Willingness to learn and seize opportunities to grow within the company.
- Ability to successfully multi-task, working independently or as part of a field team.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred, but not required.
- Light construction experience/hands-on skills a plus.
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Good driving history and access to reliable transportation are required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.