Join Our Team
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Thompson Child & Family Focus is an equal opportunity employer. Thompson Child & Family Focus promotes diversity within the organization to ensure a diverse workforce as well as for accreditation purposes.
Residential Care Specialist (3rd Shift or PRN)
- Job Title
- Residential Care Specialist (3rd Shift or PRN)
- Job ID
- Matthews, NC 28105
- Other Location
Do you have a passion for helping youth and making a difference?
Do you want to work in an environment that changes lives?
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
At Thompson, we value empowerment, teamwork and upward mobility across all positions and departments. It’s important that everyone always feel heard and encouraged to be their best- as a result, we’re able to provide the amazing services our youth and families deserve. Learn more about us at www.thompsoncff.org.
We are currently seeking Residential Care Specialists in Matthews, NC.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly salary - $14+ per hour
- Full family medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Thompson swag
- Paid trainings and free professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for performance bonuses
- Great team-oriented work environment
- Upward growth opportunities within 18 months of employment
In this key position as Residential Care Specialist, your primary responsibility is to provide supervision, support, guidance, and build a therapeutic relationship with the youth in your care. Performance will be measured by your individual outcomes, achieving your individual targets/goals, your contribution to your overall program team/department and your buy-in to the culture of the organization.
- Display individual proficiency and effectiveness in the role
- Be punctual, arrive on time, and prepared
- Learn and utilize the organization’s systems, processes and procedures as instructed
- Display a high degree of being open to coaching/feedback regarding performance and areas of improvement
- Contribute to a positive team culture through your actions, attitude, and communication
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service to your clients/customers
- Conduct yourself in the highest standards of ethics and integrity while displaying emotional intelligence in your day to day work with customers, peers, and leadership
- Represent the organization internally and externally through your communication and conduct as a residential care speicalist
- Display trauma-informed residential care
- Provide vigilant supervision and monitoring of every client in your care, ensuring that the milieu is always in ratio and every child is safe
- Provide mentoring, guidance, support and develop a therapeutic relationship with each child in your care, displaying CARE principles at all times
- Help support a trauma informed milieu where physical restraints are an absolute last resort
- Engage youth in the program schedule and activities throughout the day that contribute to an active, engaging, learning environment
- Help ensure the physical milieus you are in remain clean, safe, and cared for by adhering to regular cleaning and sanitation expectations
- Ensure all direct care documentation meets internal and external quality and regulatory standards
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High School Diploma (required C-Suite approval
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience – preferably experience working with youth within a secure residential facility and/or a behavioral health setting
- Valid NC Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Must pass a drug and background screening
We believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ.
Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!