3rd Class Line Worker - Sign On Bonus
- Job Title
- 3rd Class Line Worker - Sign On Bonus
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
3rd Class Line Worker
$1500 Sign On Bonus!
(1st half paid out on 90 day anniversary, 2nd half out on 1 year anniversary)
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training – We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work. –
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Post-dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
Your Responsibilities as a 3rd Class Line Worker:
- Under supervision, climbs poles and assists in the installation and maintenance of poles, cross-arms, pins, insulators, wire and cable, transformers, cutouts, lighting arrestors, and other line related equipment.
- Assists in installation/removal of fiber optic cable.
- Safely works on and around energized lines and equipment in accordance with the company and customers’ construction, maintenance and safety standards.
- Gains a working knowledge of and properly makes use of the tools, equipment and instruments of the trade and becomes proficient in line work methods.
- Develops familiarity with the distribution and/or transmission plant.
- Works with the public, customers and fellow employees in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
- Required to work overtime when requested.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned by line supervisor.
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
- Must be able to use all types of common hand tools, line worker tools of the trade and line, vehicles and equipment.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Technical education highly preferred
- Must have at least 15 months or its equivalent in a journeyman line worker progression.
- Must be able to perform all requirements of Line Worker Apprentice.
- Must have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must have ability to obtain various state hoisting licenses.
- Must have ability to obtain a passport and to travel to projects in Canada
- Becomes knowledgeable of the company’s operation standards, policies, directives and safety instructions pertaining to the work assignments.
- Must be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to stand, walk and work on uneven ground for the full workday.
- Must be able to drive a line truck and/or equipment several hours everyday.
- Must have good eyesight and hearing capabilities.
- Must work outside in all types of weather conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Range
- $25.28 None to $0.00 None