Digital Sales Strategist Job - Full - Time - Majority Strategies - Sales
- Job Title
- Digital Sales Strategist Job - Full - Time - Majority Strategies - Sales
- Job ID
Majority Strategies is actively recruiting for a Digital Sales Strategist to operate out of Florida. The ideal candidate has an in depth understanding of the political landscape, a digital sales background, and the ability to expand his or her network into brand and advocacy. There will be frequent travel in the assigned market and various other locations to meet with clients, vendors, and resellers. The incumbent will cover territory from Tallahassee to Orlando.
Position Overview (in priority order):
· PRESENT & SELL MAJORITY STATEGIES’ PRODUCT & SERVICES: Political clients will generally peak every other year and require a careful and considered sales development plan to coincide with maximizing returns in that cycle. Advocacy opportunities are more consistently available. A concerted sales development plan to maximize those opportunities will also be required. In the political segment of a state strategist’s book of business, the focus will be on races outside of presidential, senatorial, congressional and gubernatorial, but if opportunities in those types of races become available the state strategist can request the opportunity to pursue. In the Advocacy segment of a state strategist’s book of business, the expectation is that they will focus energies within their assigned geography and consistently through each year. Over time, it is reasonable to expect an equal weighting of political and advocacy revenue during a 2-year cycle.
· MANAGING TO A QUOTA: Whether on a draw or base salary, the Company will set a quota for the area based on potential to which the State Strategist will aspire. MS will provide comprehensive training, support, collateral and additional resources to help ensure the success of the State Strategist.
· BUILDING A ROBUST NETWORK OR POLITICAL AND POLICY DECISION MAKERS: The State Strategist will regularly work to expand his/her network of political and advocacy operatives who can be helpful in generating revenue opportunities. It is expected the State Strategist will bring a network or relationships at the time of joining MS, but an overt, robust and ongoing effort to continue to build that network is expected.
· COLLABORATE WITH INTERNAL TEAMS: The State Strategist will be expected to work closely with all internal teams to ensure the highest quality product and experience for associated clients. An especially close collaboration and teaming with Project Managers is expected and in which the State Strategist is expected to provide steady and positive support and leadership to the teaming.
· UTILIZE INTERNAL TOOLS TO COMMUNICATE ACTIVITY & REVENUE OUTLOOK: MS has invested heavily in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), client plan and audience building software. The State Strategist is expected to spend some part of each workday keeping client and activity information current and accurate, and is expected to become proficient in utilizing the audience building and plan tools to autonomously get accurate counts and develop comprehensive plans for internal and external use.. This information is used to anticipate workflows and ensure resources are available to meet the commitments made to clients.
· WORK WITH FINANCE TEAM: The State Strategist will work with the finance team to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely information related to expenses, pricing, collections, commission splits, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong political experience, connections and reputation in the market area in which they are assigned
· Solid and deliberate networker who consistently expands his/her contact list every day
· Understanding of political print and digital advertising with sales experience a plus
· Proven track record in delivering results
· Demonstrated success as a self-starter and problem solver
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that places a premium on individual accountability
· Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
· Undergraduate degree
About the company: Majority Strategies is a full-service data, digital and print firm with over 125 years of collective experience. We are about solving problems, influencing public opinion, and creating desired outcomes.