- Job Title
- Program Director
- Job ID
- Springfield, MA 01104
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring for a Program Director to join our Wound Care Center teams in Springfield, MA and Enfield, CT.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday-Friday, Standard Daytime Business Hours.
The Program Director or Program Manager is responsible for the management and the strategic growth of the Wound Care Program for the assigned area of responsibility. This position is responsible for the complete oversight of the Wound Care Center, to include the following functions: day-to-day center operations, staff management, financial management, quality/performance improvement, and community education. The Program Director/Program Manager is also responsible for maintaining collaborative and consultative client relationships within and outside the hospital organization and for creating effective working relationships between Healogics and the hospital.
All Healogics employees must perform their job responsibilities according to all Healogics policies, Hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: (Percentage times shown in parenthesis next to each function)
- Manages the Center’s Operations (20%):
- Oversees the day-to-day management of outpatient clinic(s) and other wound continuum programs, as applicable.
- Continuously assesses current clinic flows, processes and procedures, identifies areas of improvement, and develops and implements best practices and appropriate changes to improve outcomes, using the company’s resources.
- Works with hospital and company personnel to ensure availability of adequate resources, supplies, equipment and services.
- Facilitates the flow of information and maximizes effective communication throughout the program.
- Prioritizes responsibilities and directs the work of the Center’s clinical staff and non- clinical staff.
- Collaborates with other health care providers, Wound Care Center Providers, and Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
- Manages direct reports in conjunction with the company and hospital HR departments. This includes interviewing, hiring, motivating, coaching, counselling, establishing performance expectations, and conducting performance reviews. (5%)
- Performs Financial Management (10%):
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the revenue cycle for Healogics and for the hospital partner, as appropriate.
- Stays current with reimbursement changes, providing physician and staff updates and education as needed.
- Reviews key financial reports, identifies key indicator trends and develops plans to implement best practices to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Tracks and reports all ancillary revenues generated by the program.
- Manages costs through appropriate utilization and management of labor and supply.
- Works with Healogics support team to complete financial reviews and presents results to hospital leadership.
- Manages Community Education/Marketing functions (40%)
- Works directly with the hospital and Healogics marketing departments to ensure that the wound care program has established strategic marketing plans and works with the same group and the hospital physician liaison to plan, coordinate, and execute activities directed toward increasing patient referrals to the wound care center(s).
- Works collaboratively, as part of a multi-functional team, to best determine key target referral sources, and develops a systematic approach to build those customer relationships and increase wound care center referrals.
- Maintains, monitors and updates the list of Physician Practice(s) within a given radius of the hospital on an ongoing basis.
- Visits Physician Practices and interacts with key physicians to provide awareness of the Wound Care Center program, using educational marketing materials. Also documents all physician office interactions, as well as the visits with the Physician Practices in the Healogics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the (C)DO and/or (C)VPO and the hospital executive sponsor regarding goals, targets, and other relevant referral development information, as needed.
- Manages Quality/Performance Improvement functions (10%):
- Implements and manages a continuous Wound Care Center Performance Improvement Program (PIP) and strives to meet Wound Care Center quality indicators. Ensures program is integrated into the partner hospital’s PIP program.
- Participates in hospital committees as appropriate and ensures timely and accurate documentation in the patient record and outcomes database.
- Monitors patient, referring physician and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that Patient Safety Guidelines are followed, that Healogics employees complete annual compliance requirements, and creates an environment that promotes the escalation of compliance concerns as appropriate.
- Manages Relationships (15%):
- Maintains excellent relationship with hospital client and continuously seeks to understand needs, confirm goal alignment and demonstrate value proposition. Identifies the hospital strategic goals and objectives and manages the program to achieve those goals, while remaining compliant with all Healogics operations standards. Works effectively and seamlessly at all levels within the partner hospital. Participates in hospital department/management meetings and actively participates in Hospital communication activities.
- Builds and develops effective working relationships with panel physicians, clinical and support staff. Encourages all program staff to provide excellent customer service to members of other hospital departments.
- Meets regularly with leadership including hospital and area management.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or related field preferred and 1 year of marketing/community education in the healthcare industry or clinical operations experience
- OR Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or related field preferred and 2 or more years of marketing/community education in the healthcare industry or clinical operations experience
- OR High School Diploma and 4 years or more years of marketing/community education in the healthcare industry or clinical operations experience
- Management experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory/accrediting requirements for healthcare organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, to include group presentation skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong customer service and follow-up skills
- Strong organization, time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership and teaching skills
- Strong relationship building and influential skills
- Strong team building and motivational skills
- Ability to work with Healogics and hospital management.
- Budget and strategic planning skills
- Ability to travel overnight
The Program Director is ultimately accountable for achieving program metrics, demonstrating the value proposition to the customer and contract retention.
The duties required for this position involve driving on behalf of the company. As such, the background check for this position will include both the general background check done for all positions as well as a review of a candidate’s driver’s license history. When consenting to the background check, candidates are consenting to both screens. Applicable provisions of the FCRA and state law would apply to both screens.
Healogics is the nation’s largest healthcare provider for wound care services and offers our consulting services to nearly 800 hospitals throughout the United States. If you would like to join a specialized team dedicated to wound healing and committed to sharing our expertise, apply today.
- Manages the Center’s Operations (20%):