Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full-Time (30 Hours a Week)
- Job Title
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full-Time (30 Hours a Week)
- Job ID
- Alpena, MI 49707
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse/ LPN to join our Wound Care Center team in Alpena, MI at the MidMichigan Medical Center.
Schedule: Full Time 30 Hrs., Monday-Friday, Standard Daytime Business Hours.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Provider, the Wound Care Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides wound-related and other basic nursing care to the center’s patients according to all the WCC and hospital policies and procedures, care and safety protocols, and Clinical Services Practice Guidelines.
All Healogics employees must perform their job responsibilities according to all Healogics policies, Hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable.
- Under the direction of the RN/Provider, provides wound-related patient care according to Basic Life Support (BLS) and approved and hospital protocols, Policies & Procedures
- Assist in vein clinic as assigned after Healogics Vein Clinic training completed
- May assist with intake and discharge.
- May provide assistance with case management under the direction of RN, in accordance with state regulations
- Gathers patient information.
- Gathers necessary equipment and supplies for the RN or provider.
- Reports quality of care issues to Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Communicates as needed with all team members regarding therapeutic interventions, to ensure quality of care.
- Performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy related duties, as needed, after completing the required Healogics hyperbaric training
- May perform hyperbaric safety director duties after completing the required Healogics hyperbaric safety director training
- May function as a Documentation Assistant (scribe) in accordance with Healogics policy
- Performs other duties as delegated.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Graduate from an accredited practical nursing program/state approved educational program
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) license in the state of practice -to maintain throughout the duration of employment in the position
- Two (2) or more years’ experience as LPN/LVN, to include one (1) or more years in SNF or LTACH setting
- Wound care experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated competency in BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and time-management skills
- Basic knowledge of regulatory/accrediting requirements for healthcare organizations.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, as well as oral and written communication skills
- Customer service skills and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others and in a team environment
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to stay calm in all situations
- Working knowledge of computerized nursing systems
Healogics is the nation’s largest healthcare provider for wound care services and offers our consulting services to nearly 800 hospitals throughout the United States. If you would like to join a specialized team dedicated to wound healing and committed to sharing our expertise, apply today.