Dexter is a world leader in developing and producing safe, reliable trailer components for the markets we serve – all thanks to our exceptional team of employees. We give you the chance to be part of a growing company dedicated to quality products and superior customer service. We give you the chance to make a difference.
Machine Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift
- Job Title
- Machine Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift
- Job ID
- Elkhart, IN
- Other Location
Are you someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where the workday flies by? Does the thought of working with a team of all-stars crafting high quality products excite you? If you’re an individual who takes immense pride in the quality of work you produce and have a personal commitment to safety, you should apply to join our team as one of our Machine Operators!
We currently have open opportunities for 2nd & 3rd Shift Machine Operators in our Elkhart facility.
Dexter is the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products, and related components. We proudly manufacture axles for the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty, and manufactured housing markets. Our customers choose the Dexter brand for our commitment to high quality and on-time products. We currently employ over 2,800 people throughout 18 manufacturing facilities across the United States and Canada.
Why You’ll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
Dexter offers a competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time
- 2 to 3 hours of continuously pulling, lifting, and bending
- Safe, efficient, and quality manufacture of Rubber Torsion Cords
- Pulling (10-30lbs pulling force) raw, stripped rubber out of holding container
- Lifting and moving 40lbs. or less of 325*F steel tubing to and from an industrial (electric or gas) oven to a Desma rubber injection molding machine.
- Removing / replacing tooling cap using hands, wrist, arms, and shoulders with aprox. 15-30 lbs. pulling force with hands, shoulders, back, and legs.
- Bending approx. 24-45 degrees and stacking finished rubber torsion cords into pre-assigned containers.
- Possess a good work ethic and be adaptable
- Work in a fast-paced production environment
- Be dependable and detail oriented
- Ability to delegate work without constant supervision, read English, and read a tape measure
Text "DEXTER" to 25000 to Apply!!
Dexter is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.