Registered Nurse (RN)
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Job ID
- Darby, PA
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring for a Registered Nurse/ RN to join our Wound Care Center team in Darby, PA at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday-Friday, Standard Daytime Business Hours.
Under the direction of the Wound Care Center Clinical Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator, the Registered Nurse (RN) primarily provides patient care and handles intake and discharge processes for the Wound Care Center patients as scheduled. The position may also serve as a Case Manager to a group of assigned Wound Care Center patients, as assigned and depending on the Wound Care Center setup.
All Healogics employees should perform their job responsibilities according to Healogics clinical policies, employee policies, and Hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable.
RN/Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care to Wound Care Center patients and handles patient intake and discharge processes as assigned and according to the hospital and nursing standards.
- Assist in vein clinic as assigned after Healogics Vein Clinic training completed.
- May also serve as Case Manager to a group of patients as assigned. This entails:
- Performing the initial nursing assessment, communicating findings with the assigned physician, assessing the wound stage and measurements, documenting care plans, evaluating the patient’ status in regard to desired outcomes, and identifying patient care situations that require intervention
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives, providing education to the patient or caregiver, and serving as a patient advocate in the delivery and coordination of the patient care
- Performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) related duties as assigned, upon completion of the Healogics hyperbaric training.
- May perform hyperbaric safety director duties after completing the required Healogics hyperbaric safety director training.
- Collaborates as needed with other healthcare providers, Wound Care Center Providers, the Program Director and the Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
- May function as a Documentation Assistant (scribe) in accordance with Healogics policy.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Current RN license in the state of practice – to be maintained throughout the duration of employment in the position
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Medical Surgical, Home Health or Wound Care Certification preferred
- Wound care experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated competency in BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and time-management skills
- Basic knowledge of regulatory/accrediting requirements for healthcare organizations.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, as well as oral and written communication skills, to include presentation skills and ability to translate complex technical terms in laymen’s terms
- Customer service skills and follow-up skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Teaching skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work with others and in a team environment
- Ability to stay calm in all situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of computerized nursing systems
Healogics is the nation’s largest healthcare provider for wound care services and offers our consulting services to nearly 800 hospitals throughout the United States. If you would like to join a specialized team dedicated to wound healing and committed to sharing our expertise, apply today.