Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Field Crew Leader
- Job Title
- Field Crew Leader
- Job ID
- Signal Hill, CA 90755
- Other Location
Immediately hiring - Full-time, year-round, outdoor work & social distancing!
Industry: Field Services
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour, depending upon experience.
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Field Crew Foreman:
- Plan, direct, and schedule landscaping, construction, and/or maintenance activities.
- Read and interpret site plans, drawings, and scope of work.
- Supervise field services staff for specific projects.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations.
- Create/submit weekly expense reports (comfort using smart phone/tablet technology).
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of landscaping or construction experience preferred.
- Able to perform manual labor, outdoors in a variety of conditions.
- Be willing to become knowledgeable in the stormwater industry
- Able to motivate and lead a crew to success
- Able to obtain OSHA 10 Cert and take safety seriously
- Comfortable using pickups/equipment trailers.
- Knowledge of sediment and erosion control (Experience preferred).
- Knowledge of environmental regulations preferred but not required.
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines, manage staff, and provide subcontractor oversight.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background and drug screenings.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team or apply at workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.