- Job Title
- Obstetrician-Gynecologist (OB-GYN)
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
Lone Star Family Health Center is looking for an Obstetrician-Gynecologist, OB-GYN, to partner with patients for medical care related to their reproductive health, provide general medical care related to pregnancy, educate patients on how to make healthy choices during and immediately after pregnancy, and offer treatment plans for conditions and diseases of the reproductive organs.
Compensation and benefit package includes competitive wages, generous paid time off, 100% paid malpractice insurance, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401K with 6% employer match, and CME allowance. Hospital OB Call coverage.
Essential job functions:
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborates with providers in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections. Sutures minor lacerations.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Instructs patients and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results. Notes need to be co-signed by physician.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits.
Current Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology, a valid Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.), or equivalent current and unrestricted license from Texas Medical Board to practice as a physician in the State of Texas.
Registration with Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
At least two (2) years’ experience.
Certification with American Heart Associate in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).