Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Senior Program Manager (Sustainability)
- Job Title
- Senior Program Manager (Sustainability)
- Job ID
- Remote, USA,
- Other Location
- United States
Position: Senior Program Manager - Sustainability
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Lakewood, Colorado (Nationwide listing)
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental, health and safety consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Program Manager in our Sustainability Practice will include:
- Manage and conduct verification/assurance of corporate sustainability reporting environmental, social and governance data under several standards (GRI, SASB, TCFD, CDP, ICMM, WGC, etc.),
- Verify greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3; The Climate Registry) following internal procedures and external standards and guidelines.
- Conduct materiality assessments and gap assessments and benchmarking.
- Identify, gather, analyze, and interpret data related to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) assertions on behalf of clients. Data could include waste, water, energy, GHG, inclusion and diversity, Voluntary Principles for Security and Human Rights, raw materials, supply chain, climate-related financial and production.
- Develop sustainability inventories such as GHG, water, waste, etc. for public reporting by clients.
- Development and evaluate science based targets.
- Write technical reports, verification/assurance statements and proposals.
- Communicate well with clients at facility and corporate levels.
- Support and conduct business development efforts
- Participate in national organizations related to sustainability and ESG. Develop and present training and presentations
- Prepare white papers and other marketing materials for external publication
- Actively develop your own career growth.
- Identify, obtain and maintain credentials as the sustainability industry evolves and to meet client and company needs.
Why you'll appreciate working with us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work with a variety of projects, industries and clients
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Sustainability, Climate Change Accounting, Environmental Science, Sustainability or similar field
- 10 - 15 years of experience in sustainability reporting, assurance/verification, project management, and other sustainability related projects
- Auditing skills from compliance, financial and verification perspectives
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, work well with a team and focus on safe work practices
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle are required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.
- Credentials as ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001 auditor or lead auditor is a plus
- SASB FSA, GRI, and CARB credentials also a plus
- Proficiency with Sequel, PowerQuery and similar tools/databases is a plus
- Travel approximately 10-20% annually
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.