Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wastewater Engineer 2
- Job Title
- Wastewater Engineer 2
- Job ID
- Raleigh, NC
- Other Location
Position: Wastewater Engineer 2
Industry: Engineering, Technical
Location: Raleigh, NC
As a mid-level staff engineer with Apex you will be expected to work independently on smaller tasks and to provide support on mid-sized to large projects under the guidance and direction of a supervising engineer. As an engineer you may be assigning both field and office engineering related tasks; the tasks may vary in complexity but will initially consist of routine engineering tasks in support of wastewater projects. You will be expected to perform tasks including calculations, field work, coordination of subcontractors/consultants, and meeting attendance and recording. A Bachelor's degree in engineering is required and is preferred that candidates are able to obtain an EIT or PE license.
Your key responsibilities will require knowledge of general concepts relevant to civil and environmental engineering including the following:
- Supporting the operation and maintenance of various wastewater treatment systems;
- Gathering and compiling field data;
- Laboratory analytical data review and analysis;
- Support in preparing reports and planning documents;
- Coordinating field-related project activities;
- Preparing construction permit plans and applications;
- Report writing and editing;
- Assists team in selection and design of wastewater treatment system;
- Assists team in preparing regulatory compliance documents;
- Conduct basic engineering calculations;
- Perform field work related to inspections, installations, modifications and upgrades of wastewater systems; and
- Will spend 80% of time in the field performing project tasks.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental and vision plan.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- Paid Time Off, 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of applicable professional work experience;
- Basic understanding of general concepts related to Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering including wastewater treatment, systems and construction;
- Experience designing, inspecting, installing, modifying and upgrading of wastewater treatment systems and plants;
- Ability to interpret and apply compliance permits, environmental reports, engineering drawings, and other similar material;
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office, as well as relevant discipline software programs, which may include ArcGIS, AutoCAD;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting;
- Engineer it Training (EIT) preferred;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification preferred;
- Good safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Experience with interpreting and applying regulatory requirements.
- Able and willing to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.