Careers at Vigene
Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences is a rapidly growing company that strives to be a leading manufacturer of viral vectors. We are proud to support researchers at any stage of development: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
We are passionate about our mission to help support scientists advance their biomedical research and ultimately to make gene therapy affordable and available to those in need. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented people to join our team who share our passion. We value our employees as important contributors to our mission, so we provide opportunities for career growth and encourage employees to develop new skills so they can grow with our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vigene Biosciences is an EEO/AA employer. Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know your request and contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be acknowledged from this email address. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays and Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care and Commuter/Transit FSA
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun, collaborative environment
Technical & Scientific Sales Manager – West Coast
- Job Title
- Technical & Scientific Sales Manager – West Coast
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development
Location: Rockville, MD
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an award winning CDMO that provides viral vector-based gene delivery services and products for research and clinical applications. We are proud to support scientists at any stage of research: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes thousands of scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
Leads and manages research grade viral vector sales operations in North America. Works in the field to implement the most effective sales approaches. Takes part in business development activities. Candidates in California preferred. Work from home with approximately 40-50% travel based on business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and execute strategies to maximize sales
- Attend trade shows and conferences
- Arrange and give seminars
- Visit research labs
- Identify significant lead generation opportunities and take effective measures to attract and engage potential leads from those opportunities
- Develop and implement sales strategies to keep improvising and improving as necessary
- Achieve sales goals
- Report results to company VP and management team
- Develop strong, positive, long-term relationships with existing and potential customers
- Provide technical assistance to customers whenever possible
- Coordinate with other teams whenever necessary to meet all customer needs
- Other responsibilities as needed
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- M.S. in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Virology, Gene Therapy, or related field; Ph.D. is preferred
- 2+ years of sales experience in the life science research industry serving academic, biotech, and/or related accounts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively network
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility with customers, peers, and company directors
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Readiness to travel and be present in the field on the West Coast 40-50%
- Standing, sitting, pulling, pushing
- Lifting up to 20lbs.
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
We have established multiple policies to protect our employees' health & safety while allowing essential operations to continue following social-distancing & PPE guidelines. Non-essential departments are working remotely and/or working alternative hours.
- Required Skills