Join Our Team
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Thompson Child & Family Focus is an equal opportunity employer. Thompson Child & Family Focus promotes diversity within the organization to ensure a diverse workforce as well as for accreditation purposes.
Quality Improvement Specialist
- Job Title
- Quality Improvement Specialist
- Job ID
- Matthews, NC 28105
- Other Location
Thompson is seeking a Quality Improvement Specialist to join our team.
Thompson is a leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across North Carolina. The Charlotte, N.C. based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency changes the lives of at-risk children and families through early childhood services, family stability programs and mental health treatment. Thompson is growing, now with locations and services that stretch from Wilmington to Asheville.
Thompson offers several benefits as part of our competitive employee package:
• Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short/long term insurance, 401k retirement, PTO.
• Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency.
• High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops.
• Performance based bonuses.
• Monthly gym membership .
• Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community.
The Quality Improvement Specialist assists programs in maintaining compliance with internal and external standards as well as supporting Continuous Quality Improvement efforts for the organization. This includes monitoring compliance with external standards set by stakeholders and accrediting/licensing agencies such as Joint Commission, Medicaid/MCO, DHHS, DHSR, DSS, and DCDEE. Also, ensures compliance with internal standards by conducting regular internal reviews of program services and monitors Plan of Corrections. Conducts quality audits of IRIS reports and ensures reporting procedures are being followed. Assists with the grievance process by conducting internal investigations of client rights violations and complaints.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have (3) years Behavioral health/Human service experience.
- Knowledge of Medicaid standards, NC Managed Care, Continuous Quality Improvement, and regulatory compliance required.
- Experience with conducting investigations of grievances and knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Excellent time-management, verbal and written communication skills.
A valid driver’s license in the state of permanent residence, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required. No calls please.
Thompson seeks to maintain an inclusive diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.