Azure Data Engineer Job - Full - Time - Causeway Solutions
- Job Title
- Azure Data Engineer Job - Full - Time - Causeway Solutions
- Job ID
Causeway Solutions is actively recruiting for an Azure Data Engineer. The position will be full -time and the incumbent will have the option of working from a remote location.
- Manage, maintain, monitor and report on large scale data ingestion and processing operations. Engineer must be able to handle data ingestion and processing operations in Azure Data Lake Storage (Gen2), Azure Synapse and SQL Azure databases.
- Facilitate high-scale data analytics and reporting: The engineer must be able to maintain, develop and implement automated processes and workflows to assist Analytics team in high-scale data science operations.
- Provide ongoing internal and external support: The engineer must be able to provide timely data operations and scripting support to co-workers and customers.
- Implement data quality procedures: It is expected that the engineer has high attention to detail and can design, author, and execute testing and data quality procedures.
- Be proactive in the identification of new technologies to meet Analytics needs: The engineer should be proactive in investigating and recommending new technologies within the Azure ecosystem that could improve processes or data quality requirements for Analytics team and our customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Key Skills: T-SQL, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse, Azure Portal, and the Azure data stack.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, and Azure Logic Apps required.
- Strong database design skills, including partition, distribution, and indexing strategies is strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience with Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Synapse, Parquet, Spark Notebooks, and other big data environments and operations a huge plus.
- Basic .NET (C#) experience is desired by not required.
- Strong time management skills relevant to handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Cultural fit with the company and its leaders.
- Self-starter willing to work and lead independently.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Proactive collaborator who can work effectively in a virtual environment.
- Desire to remain current on new data technologies and how they could augment the department
- Able to present complex technical concepts and information to non-technical individuals.
- Quick thinker who can adjust on the fly to ensure quality products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communicator.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships both internally – and externally.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and diverse environment.
About the company: Causeway Solutions is a leading provider of innovative data services and actionable analytics. We empower our clients to make smart, timely, data driven decisions through real time insights into risks and opportunities.