Case Manager - Marin County
- Job Title
- Case Manager - Marin County
- Job ID
- San Rafael, CA 94901
- Other Location
- Marin County
Come work for a growing Non-profit that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
Downtown Streets Team has been rated one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!). We strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
As an Outreach Case Manager, you will connect with individuals experiencing homelessness, throughout Marin County. You will engage with individuals in encampments, RVs and one-off individuals on the streets and open space and assess them for Coordinated Entry. You’ll be working directly with individuals experiencing homelessness, to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency through strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, while managing priorities and workflow. This may include providing access to shelter, housing, medical, legal financial services, employment related training and resources, along with any other self-sufficiency needs.
The wellbeing of our employees is very important to us and we support a healthy work-life balance. The schedule is a regular Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. The job will primarily be performed in the field, with some office hours in San Rafael. Flexibility and local travel is required, dependent upon the needs of the individuals we support and the potential for work related meetings and events.
· High school diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience
· Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
· Demonstrate adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Excellent listening comprehension, written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft programs
· Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
· Bilingual Spanish ability is preferred
· While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
· Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
· Writing, reading, speaking in English
· Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
· Basic mathematical calculations
· Opportunities for growth
· Competitive salary and benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
· Flexible schedule
· Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
· Unique culture and passionate coworkers
· Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) ability