Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GIS Analyst 3
- Job Title
- GIS Analyst 3
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28269
- Other Location
Position: GIS Analyst 3
Industry: CAD/GIS Technical
Location: Charlotte, NC
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a GIS Analyst 3:
- Provide CAD, GIS, and related technology services to support a diverse variety of engineering design and environmental investigation and compliance projects throughout the nation.
- Use AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Canvas, and similar software to create maps and figures of varying complexity.
- Collaborate with other specialists at Apex to create and refine Canvas™ mobile reporting forms, GIS maps, and GIS database reports.
- Develop GIS based groundwater surface potentiometric maps, groundwater contaminant isoconcentration maps, and other project specific data figures.
- Proficiency with Surfer Modeling & Mapping and krieging techniques is a plus.
- Import land surveyor files, assign elevations, and generate contours.
- Generate cut and fill volumes for existing and proposed contours.
- Proficiency in multiple coordinate systems.
- Use ERSI, Google Earth and other mapping programs for base maps.
- Create scaled base maps, details, process flow diagrams and other plans for permitting and O&M.
- Complete design tasks including piping and tank layouts, grading contours, and hydraulic profiles with engineering support.
- Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of electronic drawings
- Explain drawings to construction teams and engineers to provide adjustments as necessary.
- Develops design standards and templates.
- Prepare specifications documents.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific field and a strong CAD and GIS background.
- 5-6 years minimum of proficient AutoCAD/Designer experience, Civil3d preferred, with limited experience in Micro-Station import and export files.
- 3+ Years of GIS experience in environmental consulting applications / projects
- Proficient using desktop software to produce maps.
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Strong ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.