Director of Research Job - Full - Time - Causeway Solutions
- Job Title
- Director of Research Job - Full - Time - Causeway Solutions
- Job ID
Causeway Solutions is a leading provider of innovative data services and actionable analytics. We empower our clients to make smart, timely, data driven decisions through real time insights into risks and opportunities. We are actively recruiting for a Director of Research who will have the option of working from a remote work location.
The Position (in priority order)
- Spearhead the design and execution of custom qualitative and quantitative consumer research and analysis. Director must understand and meet client goals within budget and timelines. This includes telephone and online surveys as well as focus groups and other qualitative methods.
- Provide analysis and insights across various primary and secondary data sources: The Director must be able to combine external research conducted by others with our own research to provide combined analysis or insights.
- Implement a digital research library: Catalog all existing research and continuously update with new research, ensuring access and training to those that need it. Help other team members search database and create customized, topic-based research dossiers as needed.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of partner agencies and research tools: Working with our Manager of Strategic Partnerships, our Director will establish and maintain a robust network of partners and proactively advise the company on opportunities for improvement. Director will also lead internal concept testing and external field testing of new technologies and methodologies for research.
- Make information consumable: The Director of Research will influence the team and key partners by distilling large quantities of information into concise, visually impactful presentations. Ideal candidate will have capabilities to leverage advanced data visualization tools, infographic and other story-telling tools as needed with a strong attention to detail.
- Help plan and participate in insights-based ideation sessions: Director will actively assemble “whiteboard” and other thought sharing sessions to encourage discussion amongst the team, both learning from research we are conducting and thinking through new ideas and opportunities for future research.
- At least three years of marketing research experience across all research techniques/applications required – quantitative and qualitative
- Advanced applied consumer research and analytical skills with a deep understanding of capturing, evaluating, and interpreting insights and trends required. This includes being able to review large amounts of data and identify relevant themes and insights to the business
- Understanding of sample sizing and recruiting principles including, screening criteria, incidence rates, weighting, margin of error, and confidence levels
- Able to design bespoke consumer surveys via tools like Qualtrics or Survey Monkey to address business objectives.
- Strong communication skills that will lead to effectively communicating at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills that will be relevant to handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required (Social Science, Business Administration, Marketing preferred)
- Research experience on both client and consultant side is a plus
- Experience with political research a plus
- Pro-active, self-starter who is detail oriented while not losing sight of big-picture
- Cultural fit with the company and its leaders.
- Self-starter willing to work and lead independently.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Comfortable with theories of quantitative and qualitative research but able to work outside of “book knowledge” and apply theories to real life.
- Proactive collaborator utilizing virtual tools.
- Desire to remain current on new data technologies and how they could augment the department
- Comfortable with numbers and data but also able to present complex visual information to non-technical individuals.
- Quick thinker who can adjust on the fly to ensure quality products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Highly detail oriented when it comes to numbers and data.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communicator.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships both internally – and externally.
- Highly collaborative and able to work closely with other opinions.