Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Title
- Payroll Administrator
- Job ID
- Rockville, MD 20855
- Other Location
Position: Payroll Administrator
Industry: Talent Rewards/Management
Location: Rockville, MD
Pay range: $21.00 - 24.00 per hour, depending on experience
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Payroll Administrator:
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Review and Validate Weekly Timesheets
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Process Payroll Changes and assist with Unemployment Requests.
- Review and verify source documents.
- Develop, manage, and maintain comprehensive payroll records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results on assigned associated tasks.
- Support Payroll team members with the compilation of and maintenance of high-level standard payroll procedures.
- Knowledge of Payroll Compliance with Federal and State regulations & guidelines
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- GED or High School Diploma; Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must have 3-6 years of related corporate payroll experience.
- Experience performing time-sheet review/audit and payroll preparation and processing required.
- Dependable, highly organized, and strong attention to detail.
- Independent thinker/self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Proficient with MS Office, such as Outlook, Word, etc.
- Experience with Deltek Vision and/or Kronos Workforce Ready is highly desired.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.