Licensed Practical Nurse
- Job Title
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Job ID
- Appleton, WI 54914
- Other Location
Catalpa Health is currently looking for a Full Time Psychiatric Nurse to join our team. This position is Monday through Friday, with day time business hours.
Essential job duties include:
- Room patients- measure height, weight, pulse, and blood pressure.
- Maintains medication refill line.
- Review and prepare prescriptions for Physician signature. Process prescriptions for patient.
- Ensures accuracy of electronic medical record related to patient care.
- Answer patient calls-triage call and review with appropriate Physician/APNP.
- Provide triage and care coordination of client/provider calls to determine appropriate level of care.
- Consult with medical staff when needed.
- Refer to external resources when appropriate.
- Monitors patient attendance and review with patient’s provider for treatment noncompliance.
- Order labs and diagnostic testing. Monitors and process results with providers.
- Maintains orderly exam rooms.
- Completes pre-authorization paperwork for medication request as needed
- Chart prep – get paperwork ready for provider (including medication consent, treatment plan, etc)
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting with all other LPN’s/CMA’s in their specific customer/provider duties when needed or warranted. Example: triage phone calls, rooming patients, answering refill line and chart prep
- Cross training with all providers.
- If time allows, when taking messages off provider phone lines, put messages into EPIC and route to appropriate provider.
- Answers phones and in basket messages from other providers as time allows.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Adept in keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse patient population.
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills.
- EPIC experience preferred.
- Minimum Associate degree in LPN or Certified Medical Assistant with experience in behavioral health preferred.
- Maintain licensure with State of Wisconsin