- Job Title
- Massage Therapist
- Job ID
- Galveston, TX 77550
- Other Location
JOB DESCRIPTION-MASSAGE THERAPIST
REPORTS TO: Assistant Spa Director
The Massage-Body-Hydro Therapist is responsible for providing quality professional service in the administration of massage therapy, body treatments and hydrotherapy treatments to guests of the Spa.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum of 1000 hours of education or massage history required.
· License or certification from accredited school of massage/body work required.
· Current City license required.
· Must be nationally certified with the NCBTMB or AOMBTA.
· 2-years experience in massage therapy preferred.
· 1-year spa experience preferred.
· Knowledge of additional therapies desired.
· Bi-lingual preferred.
· CPR Certification desired.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Hygiene is key in this environment due to the close proximity of working with the clients. At no time is cigarette smoke allowed to be on the hands, clothes or breath of a spa employee during a shift.
· Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
· Must be able to perform various types of massage; i.e. Swedish, Sports, Shiatsu, deep tissue, Reflexology, etc.
· Must be proficient in all components of massage therapy; i.e. anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, etc.
· Must be proficient in a variety of body and hydrotherapy treatments; i.e. exfoliation, masks, wraps, etc.
· Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities including ensuring facility/amenities are in proper working order.
· Prepare treatment rooms, clean after each treatment, and maintain inventory levels of linens and supplies.
· Provide Spa tours as necessary.
· Promote and sell Spa approved facial and body products using prescription pad.
· Check appointment schedule and print daily activities as required as well as complete daily reports.
· Ensure inventory control through proper usage of products.
· Maintain passing scores on treatment inspections.
· Maintain current licenses and certifications as required.
· Assist with front desk or locker room functions, as necessary.